Since April 2019, I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology in Politecnico di Bari, Italy working with Prof. Tommaso di Nioa. Before that, I was a research collaborator at Information Retrieval Laboratory at University of Milano Bicocca, Italy for 1 year. I was awarded a Ph.D. title with Distinction in computer science with a focus on "Recommender Systems" from Politecnico di Milano, Italy in 2018. During my Ph.D., I was a visiting researcher at Johannes Kepler University (JKU) in Linz, Austria for a period of 6 months. I obtained my MSc in Electrical Engineering at the Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden as the First ranked (highest GPA) graduate.
I have (co-)authored many refereed articles at internationally recognized conferences and peer-reviewed journals among others published in Journal of UMUAI, IEEE TKDE, Journal of Data Semantics, ACM RecSys, ACM MMSys, ACM CHI in addition to a 2018 US Patent. I have served as a PC member or reviewer for different top-tier conferences and journals. I have been involved in organization of the ACM RecSys Challenges 2019 (hosted by Trivago) and ACM RecSys Challenges 2017 (hosted by Xing) as part of the ACM Conference on Recommender Systems as well as MediaEval Benchmarking Initiative for Multimedia Evaluation with the focus on leveraging multimedia content for enhancing recommendation of different products (media or non-media items). To know more about my research activities, see my publication page.
- Recommender systems, user modelling and personalization
- Multimedia recommendation
- Group recommendation
- Artificial intelligence applications (machine learning, deep learning)
- Organizer: ACM RecSys Challenge 2017 and 2019, MediaEval 2018 and 2019
- PC Member: ACM MM 2019, UMAP2019, ECIR 2019, ACM MMSys 2019, ExHumWS@UMAP2019, RecSys Challenge WS 2017-2019, MediaEval 2018-2019
- Reviewer: SIGIR, CIKM, AAAI, ACM MM, RECSYS, ECML-PKDD, ECIR, IDC, IPMU
- Yashar Deldjoo, Maurizio Ferrari Dacrema, Mihai Gabriel Constantin, Hamid Eghbal-Zadeh, Stefano Cereda, Markus Schedl, Bogdan Ionescu, Paolo Cremonesi. "Movie Genome: Alleviating New Item Cold Start in Movie Recommendation", UMUAI 2019.
- Vahid Jalili, Matteo Matteucci, Jeremy Goecks, Yashar Deldjoo, Stefano Ceri."Next Generation Indexing for Genomic Intervals", TKDE 2018.
- Yashar Deldjoo, Mihai Gabriel Constantin, Hamid Eghbal-zadeh, Markus Schedl, Bogdan Ionescu, Paolo Cremonesi."Audio-Visual Encoding of Multimedia Content to Enhance Movie Recommendations", RecSys 2018.
- Yashar Deldjoo, Mihai Gabriel Constantin, Markus Schedl, Bogdan Ionescu, Paolo Cremonesi."MMTF-14K: A Multifaceted Movie Trailer Feature Dataset for Recommendation and Retrieval", MMSyS 2018.
- Mehdi Elahi, Yashar Deldjoo, Farshad B. Moghaddam, Leonardo Cella, Stefano Cereda, Paolo Cremonesi."Exploring the Semantic Gap for Movie Recommendations", RecSys 2017.
- Yashar Deldjoo, Markus Schedl, Paolo Cremonesi, Gabriella Pasi."Content-Based Multimedia Recommendation Systems: Definition and Application Domains", IIR 2018.
|Dec 29, 2018||Our brand-new UMUAI paper titled "Movie Genome: Alleviating New Item Cold Start in Movie Recommendation" has been accepted! Find the publication page.|
|Nov 21, 2018||The information about ACM Recommender System Challenge 2019 is now live!|
|Oct 12, 2018||Our US PATENT application titled "Enhanced content-based multimedia recommendation method" has been just accepted! See publication page.|
|Oct 06, 2018||The ACM RecSys Challenge 2019 will be co-organized by trivago and presents a real-world task in the travel metasearch domain. See RecSys Challenge 2019 homepage. Stay tuned for new information!|
|Sep 14, 2018||Our Mediaeval 2018 task overview paper is now available. See publication page (Extended Abstracts/Workshops).|
|Sep 14, 2018||Our paper at TKDE is accepted! The research has been carried out in collobration with the bioinformatic group of Politecnico di Milano and George Washington univeristy. See publication page.|
|July 17, 2018||Has now a PhD with DISTINCTION! (Italian: con lode, highest possible PhD grade.)|
|July 10, 2018||My paper at RecSys 2018 accepted! See publication page.|
|June 16, 2018||A brand-new tutorial accepted for presentation at RecSys 2018 on Multimedia|
Recommender Systems! Visit RecSys 2018 Tutorial page.
|June 7, 2018||Me, Peter Kness and Farshad Bakhshandegan Moghaddam will be the academic organizers of ACM Recommender System Challenge 2019, new information to come soon, stay tuned!|